Thursday, July 10, 2014

Sweating it out with Torq Cycle! (Week 1)

Hey guys! You know I've never really been a fitness freak and health obsessed girl my whole life (basically lazy as hell!) But as I've finally put my foot down and decided that my lifestyle needs a big big change. Thanks to Torq Cycle Hong Kong, I'm starting a fitness makeover journey! Want to know more about getting down and letting your fat cry, then this one is for you.

Indoor spinning class studio TORQ Cycle Hong Kong


First thing first, let's just do a quick introduction to Torq Cycle. They are the very first ever independent indoor cycling studio in Hong Kong, and a very fitness-focused community, with very nice staffs who'll quickly become friends and family as you start your fitness journey. 

I've done my dues at local gyms, which charge a relatively low membership fee but are very keen on bugging you with telemarketing calls and on-site personal training instructions (which leads to more personal-training purchases and subscriptions). Plus, when you're not a super motivated person, it's very hard to track your own progress and push yourself past your own tiring small talks. So, my solution was to try out something that has some friendly peer pressure as well as awesome music to keep you distracted while you push your body through the sweat and muscle sores. Best part? No membership tie-downs or contracts!

As I'm very new to this spinning or even fitness thing, it was a little scary, but also very exciting to start my journey. I tried out my very first class just a few days ago (check out a sweaty selfie on my instagram) and did the TorqBody class with instructor Ken. 

Indoor spinning class studio TORQ Cycle Hong Kong

Conveniently located at the heart of central, quite near to Topshop for all you fashionistas out there, the studio is just about 3 minutes walk away from the Central MTR station. When I walked in, I was greeted by the friendly Charlotte, who helped me sign in and gave me the digital key to my locker. (no more fumbling for the key with jelly fingers, you'll understand why when you go!)

Inside the changing room, it's a great resting place for you to recharge before a class and to wind down afterwards, with ample seats and showers for you to enjoy. Not to mention top-notch products from Aesop to keep you smelling and feeling grreat! They've got complimentary towels and shoe lockers  for rent too (at only $150 per month), so you won't be lugging your gym bag there everyday like a #TBT to high school.

Indoor spinning class studio TORQ Cycle Hong Kong

When it's time to get cracking, just hop on up to the professional spin bikes, adjust the height and fit of the bike, and strap your shoes nice and snug into the what I call shoe-trap. Start warming up with a couple of steps and set yourself up with the device on the bike, which will keep track of your Revolutions-per-minute (RPM) and other performance data. As you ride, you can choose to display your stats on the big screen in the studio to keep yourself competitive (seriously, it helps like a lot), and the stats will also get emailed to you right after class and available online so you can keep track of your fitness! Convenient, right?

The spin class studio itself has over 20 bikes, which are kind of close together, but it wasn't too tight that the person next to you would be shoving their elbows into your face. I loved the dimmed lighting with cool neon lights to make the vibe very relaxed, yet it helped me to stay focus on my own workout and zone out to push myself past my limits. But as a fitness newbie, the best thing about this is that you can control your own workout and be as fast or as slow as you want to be. In the end, it's your own body and your own workout, so for me, this has the perfect amount of pressure and freedom

I will be posting more class-focused posts in the coming weeks, so stay tuned for that! And sorry I didn't manage to take any good photos of the place myself, but my jelly arms and legs wouldn't have done a great job anyway...

Want to know more about the prices and classes? Check out their website here: http://www.torqcycle.com/

Till next time,
xx
Bloglovin' Twitter Instagram

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more that these types of classes offer the perfect amount of freedom and pressure to get you motivated for a great workout! That's why I love my spin class! Thanks for sharing your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I'm so glad you agree. Thank you for reading, it means so much! :)

      K
      x

      Delete

A penny for your thought :)

Keep up with the latest fashion news and local finds on Facebook!