Sunday, May 12, 2013

Unofficial return,


Surprise! First of all hello, I have missed blogging and I hope you guys have been well this past month. I know I planned my return post for tomorrow but I want to introduce an event to you guys and I want to get the message out early!


I think all shopaholics and fashionistas alike will know the troubles of an overflowing closet and the pain of having to throw away something that probably isn't too old or worn out. But other than putting all the old clothes in an old trash bag and stuffing it into the recycle box, there's actually another cool way to get rid of unused items.


Jupyeah is a local organisation that encourages reusing and recycling usable items and host regular swap events for people to donate their good conditioned apparels/items and bring home something else they'd like. 


This time they've organized a mini Swap Walk event at Causeway Place and partnered up with other local organizations to bring other aspects of sustainability into the mix. So you can swap items, discover new ones and check out exhibitions all in one go! Plus there's a best dressed contest and you get to get your photo taken (woop woop model time!)


I have been to a previous Jupyeah event and it was mighty fun with live music and wine (fancy fancy wine) so I'm sure this one will be a great one too. Definitely BYOB, and get there early so you don't miss any of the good stuff. (I spotted Juicy Couture & Miu Miu, I know right?!)


If you need more deets hit their website here! 
Photos courtesy of Jupyeah's facebook.

Hope you've had a lovely month,
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thought :)

Keep up with the latest fashion news and local finds on Facebook!