Monday, July 15, 2013

POBAI #1: FW13 Previews Lovin' (PINKO & Monki)

Hey guys! Here's something new: POBAI.
It stands for Perks Of Being An Intern (with Sassy Hong Kong).

Because of Sassy, I get to go to amazing events, previews and launches and therefore have the chance of sharing what I see with you guys! These two weeks have been stuffed with previews for the upcoming Fall/Winter season and so here are my favourites!

Without further ado... I present to you:

PINKO FW2013





Not many have heard of PINKO, and the only memory I have of this brand is this shady (and probably not real) design that started popping up everywhere a few years back. (source: google images) 

Nevertheless, this Italian brand has brought a lot on the table this season with edgy accessories and shoes (creepers!!!). Not to mention some amazing evening gowns that's perfect for the red carpet. I myself am a huge fan of their bags, and a little googling later I am convinced that there shouldn't be a reason why it isn't popular in Hong Kong...

Next up:
Monki AW13





Again I am drawn to their accessories! The "Hands Off" clutch and black flatforms in the first picture are definitely my go-to. Honestly this season I'm very happy with what's trending in the shoe section because all the platforms, thick heels and kitten point heels have made my feet a lot more comfy than stilettos ever could, and platform shoes are just a great add-on to any outfit. (My Topshop platform boots have been worn more often than my Dr. Martens!)

Embellishment is huge thing next season so I think I should get some beads and my sewing kit ready. (also a good chance to learn how to sew...) As you can see in their cute chiffon shirt that otherwise would've just been downright boring.

P.S. That's the russian doll I painted at their preview. This is such a fun activity! I love it when I can get a lil-bit of hands-on at the previews.

Part 2 coming up will feature Joyce and Jessica!

Keep calm & be good.
xx

Bloglovin' Twitter Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thought :)

Keep up with the latest fashion news and local finds on Facebook!